This is the world’s easiest recipe. In fact, I wouldn’t even call this a recipe. It’s merely a collection of three ingredients. However, the taste of those three ingredients together is way better than it should be, considering the effort you have put in to get it.
- Ready rolled puff pastry
- 4 pears
- 4 tbsp dulce du leche (I used Carnation caramel)
- Peel and core the pears. Slice them into a fan shape by slicing from the bottom, but not cutting all the way through to the top.
- Cut out discs of pastry, big enough to fit the fanned pear with about 1 cm around the edge.
- Spread about 1tbsp caramel across the pastry, leaving 1cm at the edge.
- Add the pear.
- Put in the oven at 180c for about 10 mins until the pastry has cooked all the way through.
There’s nothing not to like about this. Pastry. Caramel. Pear. If you add cream, this is perfection for me.