This recipe is something that can be thrown together in 20 minutes for when you can’t be bothered to cook properly. It’s one of my ‘go to’ recipes when I’m tempted to get a takeaway – this can be on the table before you’ve even decided which restaurant to order from.
You can throw all sorts in here – some mangetout, sugar snap peas, baby corn or mushrooms would work well in this dish. I usually just throw in whatever I have in the fridge at the time.
- 50ml soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 500g strips beef frying steak
- 3 spring onions, sliced at an angle
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Combine the soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce, sesame oil, garlic, chilli flakes and oyster sauce in a bowl. Add the beef and leave to marinate for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, put 2 cups of rice on to boil.
- Heat some oil in a wok (or large frying pan), add the beef with the marinade and stair fry for 2-3 mins until just cooked. Remove with a slotted spoon. Add any vegetables you’re having and stir fry for 2 minutes, then add the beef back to the pan and toss for 1 minute.
- Top with the slices of spring onion and the sesame seeds. Serve with the rice.