There was a bake sale at work the next day and I was not my usual organised self. I had very little time or ingredients so was looking for something quick and easy.
After scouring through my cookbooks, I found this recipe in ‘Nigella Express’ – also here online. It has three ingredients, all of which I had in my cupboard and requires very little effort to make. Perfect.
These turned out really well as the recipe is pretty foolproof, as all Nigella recipes are. I had some white chocolate kicking about in the cupboard, so I drizzled some over the top.
- 45 grams butter
- 300 grams mini marshmallows
- 180 grams rice krispies
- Melt the butter in a large, heavy-based saucepan over a low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and cook gently until they are completely melted and blended, stirring constantly.Take the pan off the heat and immediately add the cereal, mixing lightly until well coated.
- Press the mixture into a greased 32cm x 23cm tin / 13 x 9 inch pan; you may have to put on vinyl CSI gloves and press it down into the corners, as it will be very sticky. Flatten the top and then scatter over some edible glitter or sprinkles, if so inclined.
- Let the marshmallow crispy squares cool completely in the tin and then cut them into 24 squares.