This is a great mid week recipe for when you want something fresh, but want it quickly.
If you’re looking for something even lighter, you can replace the potatoes with some green veg, like spinach or courgettes.
Cod in parsley and lemon butter sauce
- 300g new potatoes
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 100ml chicken stock
- 50g butter, diced
- half a lemon
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 thick pieces of cod or haddock
- 2 handfuls chopped watercress
- Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water until soft. Meanwhile, put the shallot and vinegar into a small pan and simmer until the vinegar has disappeared.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Gradually whisk in the butter and add a squirt of lemon. Mix in the parsley.
- Oil and season the fish and then grill for 5 mins until cooked through. Drain the potatoes, then gently crush with some seasoning, Mix in the watercress.
- Serve the fish over the potatoes and spoon over the sauce.
Recipe from one of my food subscription magazines, not sure which.